Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Greenup predictions

Featured Replies

In the last four years Hicks overall record in post and regular season against Russell is 7-3. Last year was a 3-0 sweep in double digit wins each game including the District Championship on their home floor. :D

Need I say more?

Not sure but I think he is 0-2 in elimination games versus Russell.

He has had 1 trip to Morehead in his four year tenure at the only school in the region with two feeder systems.

They made a great run last year to the region semifinals.

The thing you forgot to say was who was the region champion last year.

Not sure but I think he is 0-2 in elimination games versus Russell.

He has had 1 trip to Morehead in his four year tenure at the only school in the region with two feeder systems.

They made a great run last year to the region semifinals.

The thing you forgot to say was who was the region champion last year.

Oh, no. I didn't forget the regional championship, you forgot what we are talking about - Greenup vs. Russell. As far as elimination games - you need to check your facts Greenup held Russell to one of their lowest scoring games in the district championship. Russell did not win a game against Greenup last year and I believe that they would not have won their first meeting this season had there not been a questionable call without time remaining on the clock.

 

As far as one trip to Morehead...Have you ever tried to rebuild a broken program? I don't think that anyone can contest that Hicks had his program on the right track.

Oh, no. I didn't forget the regional championship, you forgot what we are talking about - Greenup vs. Russell. As far as elimination games - you need to check your facts Greenup held Russell to one of their lowest scoring games in the district championship. Russell did not win a game against Greenup last year and I believe that they would not have won their first meeting this season had there not been a questionable call without time remaining on the clock.

 

As far as one trip to Morehead...Have you ever tried to rebuild a broken program? I don't think that anyone can contest that Hicks had his program on the right track.

The district championship is not an elimination game.

Both teams move on to the region.

I thought they had great talent every year he has been there after I would read the preview in the Ashland paper.

Back to the game I look for another barnburner as Smith and Sutton will have them prepared well for the Devils

You never answered if he was offered the chance after first suspension to coach the team again?

The district championship is not an elimination game.

Both teams move on to the region.

I thought they had great talent every year he has been there after I would read the preview in the Ashland paper.

Back to the game I look for another barnburner as Smith and Sutton will have them prepared well for the Devils

You never answered if he was offered the chance after first suspension to coach the team again?

I heard that he was offered the chance, but with no chance of returning next season. I'm sorry Jay, but I believe that he wants to be the coach of the GC basketball program, not just the coach of the moment.

I believe that they would not have won their first meeting this season had there not been a questionable call without time remaining on the clock.

What about the questionable call with 12 seconds to go that allowed GC to tie the game. Surely you remember that one as well.

What about the questionable call with 12 seconds to go that allowed GC to tie the game. Surely you remember that one as well.

Or the undetected double dribble at a critical point in the fourth quarter?

Or the undetected double dribble at a critical point in the fourth quarter?

Surely both teams were not treated equally by the officials?:eek:

This could be an interesting atmosphere tonight.

Oh, no. I didn't forget the regional championship, you forgot what we are talking about - Greenup vs. Russell. As far as elimination games - you need to check your facts Greenup held Russell to one of their lowest scoring games in the district championship. Russell did not win a game against Greenup last year and I believe that they would not have won their first meeting this season had there not been a questionable call without time remaining on the clock.

 

As far as one trip to Morehead...Have you ever tried to rebuild a broken program? I don't think that anyone can contest that Hicks had his program on the right track.

 

I think winning one game to get to regional isn't too terribly difficult, much less an indication of program strength...especially if you consider the talent that has come through the program during that time. :rolleyes:

I think winning one game to get to regional isn't too terribly difficult, much less an indication of program strength...especially if you consider the talent that has come through the program during that time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but magically the following two coaches after Ward thought that talent would just drop out of trees at GC. The truth is to have a program you must take chances on some players others would pass up, case and point Tracy "Big Jack" Claxon (RIP). He was a rawboned player from one of the most rural parts of the county and in reality wasn't the most talented player to come through the program, but ended up being an All-State player. Sure there is always "talent" in a large county school, but you must be willing to cultivate it in order to be successful.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.