Southwestern @ McCreary Central Predictions 1/26

The Raiders have played already twice this week (Monday, Tuesday) and will return home to host the Warriors in a district match-up. If McCreary wins this game, the winner of the Wayne/Southwestern game @ Wayne later this year will determine the number one seed. I think McCreary fans would rather play Southwestern in the first round instead of Wayne because the district tournament is at Wayne and as long as you get by your first opponent, you're in the region tournament. McCreary is on a three-game winning streak that includes a win @ East Jessamine by one, whom Southwestern lost to by 17. Although Southwestern won the earlier matchup at the Wig Wam, I think the Raiders will be looking for a little revenge. They'll need good play from Phillips and Watts, and get Swiger, who had twenty last night, to knock down a few more threes.

I'll take the Raiders at home:

McCreary 70-60

NOt really. If SW beats Wayne then they will still be the #1 seedno matter what happens friday.

Where it would come into play is that if Wayne beats SW.

If Wayne beats SW on Feb. 6 and:

1)SW beats McCReary this friday- the # 1 seed will be determined by coin flip between SW and Wayne

2) Sw loses to McCReary then Wayne gets the #1 seed.

Hopefully SW will be healthy by Feb. 6 and take care of buisness.

NOt really. If SW beats Wayne then they will still be the #1 seedno matter what happens friday.

Where it would come into play is that if Wayne beats SW.

If Wayne beats SW on Feb. 6 and:

1)SW beats McCReary this friday- the # 1 seed will be determined by coin flip between SW and Wayne

2) Sw loses to McCReary then Wayne gets the #1 seed.

Hopefully SW will be healthy by Feb. 6 and take care of buisness.

I look at it this way. If Wayne beats Southwestern by more than 8 points, and Southwestern beats McCreary, Wayne will be the automatic #1 seed. It is tough to win at Wayne, I remind you. If Southwestern beat Wayne at home by 8, I think Wayne can get revenge. I, as a McCreary fan, would much rather play Southwestern in the first round instead of Wayne.

But, if Southwestern loses Friday, Wayne will only have to beat them by one to secure the #1 seed.

You are correct in that if SW loses friday and at Wayne then Wayne is the # 1 Seed.

You are incorrect on if SW beats McCreary and Wayne beats SW by more than 8 then Wayne will be the #1 seed.

What would happen in that situation is that Wayne and SW would both have 5-1 district records. So the tie breaker is head to head. SW and Wayne split so that would not solve anything. The second Tie breaker is road wins. Both would have two road wins. The next tiebreaker would be a coin flip.

Actually, it would be whomever won by more. Therefore, if McCreary loses Friday and then loses by more than 40 to Monticello, they would be the #4 seed. The seeding it different in each region, and if Southwestern wins against McCreary and loses by more than eight to Wayne (because they beat Wayne by eight earlier this year), then Wayne would be the number one seed. Or, per KHSAA.com, the winner of the second meeting between the top two tied seeds would win the higher seed, therefore if Wayne won, they'd get the top seed.

The districts decide how ties are to be broken. The information I posted above is how the 48th breaks ties now. When its two teams tied the 1st tiebreaker is head to head, the 2nd tie breaker is district road wins and the third tie breaker is a coin flip. This info came from a very reliable source.

Casey Dalton was bent over a trash can tuesday night losing his lunch during every timeout.

I was told by Coach Kinney that SW didnt even practice yesterday because there was only 4 varsity players at school and two of them were to sick to practice.

Casey Dalton was bent over a trash can tuesday night losing his lunch during every timeout.

I was told by Coach Kinney that SW didnt even practice yesterday because there was only 4 varsity players at school and two of them were to sick to practice.

Coach Kinney wouldn't know. He was out playing golf. :D :D