Oldham County 3 Simon Kenton 1 (8th Region Championship)

🏆 "LC" Final at Eminence per The Scoreboard. Coach Ryan Warner has led his charges to new heights, winning two of the last three titles. 

(22-25, 25-15, 25-14, 26-24)

Congratulations Lady Colonels!  🎉  

In what appears will be their first ever match, Oldham Co. will host top ranked Assumption in next week's State Tournament - Round 1. 

#23 Oldham County: 24-12 (R8 7-4) 

#15 Simon Kenton: 30-8 (R8 13-3)

Anyone have any insight as to why the 8th Region Tournament doesn’t rotate to different schools? I think we have it pretty good here in the 9th because no school is more than 20-25 minutes from another region member. However, Simon Kenton is 90ish minutes (that’s a guess, don’t crucify me if I’m off by a little) each way. They were probably not home until after 11 last night, went to school today, and had to drive another 90 to play for a ‘ship tonight. In the bigger regions, someone has to drive, there’s no way around it. But the schools in the 8 furthest from Eminence have to do it every year. Not taking anything away from OC - those kids can flat out play. Just thinking out loud that home court advantage should rotate.