Carroll County 21 Walton-Verona 7

BWTigers

Final!!! Carroll County ends a 12 year, 14 game losing streak to the Walton-Verona Bearcats. Panthers lead 14-0 at half and early in the 4th quarter WV cut the deficit to 14-7. Panther QB Parker Mumphrey ran off the left side for a clinching 25 yard TD run with just under 2 mins left in the game.  Carroll County will now host Beechwood next week with the 1st seed in the District on the line. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BWTigers said:

Final!!! Carroll County ends a 12 year, 14 game losing streak to the Walton-Verona Bearcats. Panthers lead 14-0 at half and early in the 4th quarter WV cut the deficit to 14-7. Panther QB Parker Mumphrey ran off the left side for a clinching 25 yard TD run with just under 2 mins left in the game.  Carroll County will now host Beechwood next week with the 1st seed in the District on the line. 

Pre-season, I thought this was going to be the year Carroll County got the win to end the streak. Then with the injuries WV suffered a couple weeks ago, I expected a Carroll County win. Congrats to the Panthers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Pre-season, I thought this was going to be the year Carroll County got the win to end the streak. Then with the injuries WV suffered a couple weeks ago, I expected a Carroll County win. Congrats to the Panthers.

There have been years previously that I thought that as well but for some reason Carroll just couldn’t get the job done. Walton really controlled the clock and limited the Panthers possessions tonight so it had me very worried that something would happen again but the Defense played a bend but don’t break D tonight and when they needed to stepped up and got some stops. It was a really hard fought game.

• Thanks 1