NKY Week 6 Games to Watch

kyag

The season seems to be quickly passing by.  As week 6 gets ready to start here are some games to watch in Northern Kentucky this week.  Thursday has some big matchups.  

Tuesday (9/12/23)

Highlands @ Newport Central Catholic - 36th District game of the only two teams in the district.  Highlands has won 14 in a row and will be looking to continue this streak.  Newport Central Catholic has one of the best win/loss records in NKY at 8-2-0.  This will be played at Morscher Park and will be played on grass.  Will the home field advantage be enough for the Thoroughbreds to ground the Bluebirds this year?

Thursday (9/14/23)

Ryle @ Conner - The toughest district (33rd) in NKY has a seeding game.  Ryle is rolling through NKY competition.  Conner has won 6 in a row and has conceded 8 goals on the year.  Ryle has scored 29 goals and conceded 2 verses NKY teams.  This game can't end in a tie...will Ryle extend their 5-game win streak vs Conner or will the defense for Conner hold tight and the offense of Conner find a way to get a winning goal vs the Raiders.  I'll be rooting for the Cougars!

Bishop Brossart @ Highlands - The Mustangs from the 10th Region visit Tower Park to take on the Bluebirds of the 9th Region.  Highlands has won the last 4-matches, outscoring the Mustangs by 12 goals over this span.  Bishop Brossart will be looking for a signature win, but Highlands will be looking to keep their win streak going.  

Covington Catholic @ Dixie Heights - The Battle of Dixie Highway, Red Colonel vs Blue Colonel, whatever other name we want to give this matchup insert it in the comments.  Looking at the history of the matches between these teams over the 22 years...Cov Cath is 25-2 (this actually surprised me).  Cov Cath beat Dixie Heights last year in the 9th Region tournament.  Dixie had their team that was built to beat the Blue Colonels but fell 2-1.  Will playing at home be enough to get the Red Colonels over the Blue Colonels?  

Saturday (9/16/23)

Newport Central Catholic @ Bishop Brossart (9th/10th Region All "A" Classic) - Good match up of very evenly matched teams in my opinion.  I can see this one coming down to a PK shoot-out.  

Other games of note for week 6:

Tuesday (8/12/23)

Bishop Brossart @ Campbell County (37th District Match)

Beechwood @ Dixie Heights

Holmes @ Grant County

Conner @ Holy Cross (Covington)

Ryle @ Simon Kenton

Boone County @ Villa Madonna

Thursday (8/14/23)

Cooper @ Boone County (33rd District Match)

Simon Kenton @ Campbell County

Beechwood @ Scott

St. Henry @ Villa Madonna

Saturday (9/16/23)

Carroll County @ Beechwood

Elder (OH) @ Conner

Ballard @ Highlands

Bourbon County @ Holy Cross (Covington)

Sayre @ Villa Madonna

Scott @ Walton Verona

• Like 3