Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I dont understand this decision...

Featured Replies

About a month ago, I posted an announcement that my friend's son had left Iroquois to become the OC at Spencer County High School. Although at the time, it appeared that this was going to be a new challenge Coach Williams and one that he was very eager and excited to take on.

 

I found out last night that apparently SCHS and Williams have parted ways and Williams' father told me that this was due to SCHS administrators deciding that now (after the Williams' hire) they want all coaches to be teachers at the high school and Williams refused to leave his current teaching position in Jefferson Co. The way I was told, Williams had told the HC and Prinicpal during the interview that he had no intentions of leaving Jefferson Co as a teacher and they decided to hire him anyway since it was acceptable that he lived in Spencer Co.

 

Now the adminstrators decided to change their stand and thus Williams was told he could not coach there if he wouldnt teach there. I called Williams last night and as of last night, he is not coaching anywhere. He would only say that he was disappointed by this decision but also said "While I dont understand what is going on since I was upfront about my desire to remain a teacher in Jefferson Co, it is their decision to make and I have to live with it and move on." I asked if he was going to return to Iroquois and he said that he had spoken with HC Shawn Thompson at Iroquois but that they have already hired his replacement and their staff is now full. Williams did say he knew they were going to move on and, though disappointed, he understood Iroquois' situation and their need to move forward.

 

I asked several coaches and ADs that I know and they have said that they havent heard of anything like this before regarding assistant coaches. I know Williams very well and know him to be a great young man with a love for the game of football and has always been very committed to his teams and players. So I cant imagine what would have prompted this situation to occur.

 

My question is this: Why do you hire an assistant coach knowing his desires upfront, let him leave his former program only to tell him that he can no longer be a coach because he wont come to your school to teach when you knew ahead of time that this was going to be the case and you still hired him???

That seems unfair. You would think that if the Spencer County admin was going to adopt such a policy, they would have grandfathered in their existing asst coaches, particulalry someone who just left a job to come on board. Doesn't seem like Coach Williams was given a fair shake to me based on what I've read. In any event, if he's a good coach, he'll land somewhere quickly. Good luck to him.

Was he officially hired by the Board of Education? This is just speculation, but perhaps the board made the "teachers only" decision.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.