Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kinetic by Windstream

Featured Replies

Does anyone else have standard copper windstream for your internet service? If so what kind of speeds are you drawing?

  • Author

I have 200 meg and I am supposed to be getting 126-232 and I can't even get 50 percent of my connection right now. This is the crap service I am receiving right now on a 200 meg connection.

84.3 Mbps / 35.2 Mbps

  • Author

I was getting 153 meg 76%  earlier and  it dropped down to 78.56 39%  download.

  • Author

I have under ground lines that are 45 years old but they act like they don't want to replace them with fiber lines.

  • Author

Someone I know who lives across town has fiber and they get 940 up  and 940 down on a 1gig connection.

  • Author

This is what I am getting on a 200 meg connection right now.

Link Speed: 38.1 Mbps / 30.7 Mbps

 

  • Author

I want to mention I still  have the the old copper wires undergound in case you haven't  figured that out already.

  • Author

I am only 150 feet from their dslam.

Are you on wi-fi when you run your speed test?  If so, is it the older wi-fi protocols or 2.4G?  This will restrict the transfer rate to the around the speeds (bandwidth) you are indicating.   

Wifi 6 at 5GHz is needed to get full use of of 200 MB+ link. 

I have wifi 6 and at 2.4 I get only around 60 up and down.  When I switch to 5 GHz I get over 200 MB down and over 100 up.  This is with Windstream fiber to the house with the Nokia router. 

The old copper DSL was 12 MB down and 1.5 up MB up max.  So even the 2.4 GHz speed is so much better.  But it took an upgrade to wifi 6 to really take advantage of the new fiber link. 

 

  • Author
6 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Are you on wi-fi when you run your speed test?  If so, is it the older wi-fi protocols or 2.4G?  This will restrict the transfer rate to the around the speeds (bandwidth) you are indicating.   

Wifi 6 at 5GHz is needed to get full use of of 200 MB+ link. 

I have wifi 6 and at 2.4 I get only around 60 up and down.  When I switch to 5 GHz I get over 200 MB down and over 100 up.  This is with Windstream fiber to the house with the Nokia router. 

The old copper DSL was 12 MB down and 1.5 up MB up max.  So even the 2.4 GHz speed is so much better.  But it took an upgrade to wifi 6 to really take advantage of the new fiber link. 

 

I've got this situation under  control they are coming to install fiber today actually.

  • Author
6 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Are you on wi-fi when you run your speed test?  If so, is it the older wi-fi protocols or 2.4G?  This will restrict the transfer rate to the around the speeds (bandwidth) you are indicating.   

Wifi 6 at 5GHz is needed to get full use of of 200 MB+ link. 

I have wifi 6 and at 2.4 I get only around 60 up and down.  When I switch to 5 GHz I get over 200 MB down and over 100 up.  This is with Windstream fiber to the house with the Nokia router. 

The old copper DSL was 12 MB down and 1.5 up MB up max.  So even the 2.4 GHz speed is so much better.  But it took an upgrade to wifi 6 to really take advantage of the new fiber link. 

 

I'm running a wired professional like setup.

  • Author

I am  scheduled for 1gig  fiber.

  • Author

My town has 940 up  and 940 down.  Some people  even have  up to 2.2gigs if they have a 10,000/10,000 link speed  capabilities. That is on fiber to the house aka aerial.

  • Author

Update on the internet/phone situation. They have giving  us  our 960/960 but they still need to come out and dig  underground to replace the copper lines with fiber  for the telephone to the pedestals-housing   area.

  • Author

The lines are almost 50 years old  and need to be replaced as well  as the other underground utilities.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.