8th Region Coach of the Year?

2 hours ago, Deaconjim said:

I think if the criteria was who has made the biggest difference in the way their team has played it would be Jacob Cheesman. He has those boys believing  they're going to win. They have a different mindset from what they have had in the past.

I think he’s done a good job, but the demons haven’t beaten anyone that they shouldn’t have this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deaconjim said:

I think if the criteria was who has made the biggest difference in the way their team has played it would be Jacob Cheesman. He has those boys believing  they're going to win. They have a different mindset from what they have had in the past.

He’s been a phenomenal job at Wtown, but I just don’t see him in the running with the amount of losses and their schedule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are. This is the final week of the regular season, and I think that we can narrow down this list a little bit more. 

In order, here are my best chances at getting the award this season. 

1. David Levitch - North Oldham 

2. Chris Gaither - Collins 

3. Joseph Utter - Grant County

There is one other option that I hadn't thought of at the time, Coach Mike Hester of Walton-Verona. They have been a hot topic of mine tonight, and it is well deserved with the 70-point win they got. After losing their main 2 scoring options to graduation over the summer, Coach Hester has his team sitting at 19-10, and just one win over Grant County from making another regional appearance. Could the offensive mastermind sneak in and win the coach of the year?