2007 Campbell County

theguru

The Camels will need to replace Griffin, but should be able to with Franzen. Franzen missed most of last year with a shoulder injury, he is faster than Griffin. They also need to replace Brown at QB. Either Kidwell or Owens will be very good QB's. Grant Rose will get a lot of carries at RB taking over for his brother. Soph. to be Austin Johnson may get some carries as well,he is very quick.

The defense will be very very good again and will be thier strength again.

They return all linebackers who are big and strong. They need to replace a few good linemen on both sides of the ball, but should be okay.

Look for the Camels to continue to improve under coach Styer and staff, as their roster keeps growing with the success of the middle school and jr. leagues. Camels will contend for 6A in Nky and may even go further in the playoffs than this year. Good luck Camels!!

Fair or Foul -- Nice assessment of the 2007 Camel Squad.

The key here is strength in numbers. If my math is correct, the Camels will have approx. 150 players (Freshman through Seniors) in the program for the 2007 campaign. Coach Styer and his Staff are doing all of the right things!

Lots of athleticism at all grades + many skilled players returning! I agree, the Fighting Camels will make a run in 2007.....

Even if they don't do that well in 07 the formula is already being mixed. The youth programs are doing well and the sure number of kids wanting to put that camel uniform on is surely the measure of success so far. So over the next couple of years their will be no comparison of the level that these kids will be playing at because we do get to keep the tallent that they coached through the youth programs, and not play somewhere else like many of the other years. The gap between the stars are getting closer and closer. Just sure numbers creats competitive fire and makes for a better team overall for any sport. This is only the beginning of an unbelievable job of coaching by coach Styers and staff. I hope our boys do well this year but i think that their are some big gaps to fill and we are going to need some players to rise to the forefront and become bigtime leaders.

I watched NewCath play CC's Jr. High team last year. It was men vs. boys. CC looks to have a good foundation in place. They just need to keep the kids focused on football. I had a lot of friends growing up that were good athletes growing up and got into other things. Seems like Styers has them going in the right direction, which could be huge. CC has a lot of talent to pool from.

• 4 months later...

I herd that they have new uniforms coming in this year. Sounds like it's going to be a fun year out thier in the county. They lost some key players on both sides of the ball, but with some good coaching hopefully they can keep that winning tradition year after year that they started since Styers has been out their. They do still have the starting lbs coming back. Somebody by the name Sauerback is in the middle again,(what a beast). Should be good again on D.

:thumb:

I herd that they have new uniforms coming in this year. Sounds like it's going to be a fun year out thier in the county. They lost some key players on both sides of the ball, but with some good coaching hopefully they can keep that winning tradition year after year that they started since Styers has been out their. They do still have the starting lbs coming back. Somebody by the name Sauerback is in the middle again,(what a beast). Should be good again on D.

:thumb:

I saw the uniforms, they look good. I think this will be a good season for the Camels. They do have some holes to fill but Coach Styers will have them ready. Yes Brian S is a BEAST!