Our retirement - Basketball Broadcasts

All,

I sent the following message to our Basketball Coaches and AD's this morning:

"There comes a time in every career when it's time to retire.  Most of you know broadcasting games started out as a way to give the kids at Gallatin County some additional exposure since the Post wouldn't.  Most of you also know that I work at St. Elizabeth during the day.  As we found with Covid, I find myself working from home most of the week.  This does not allow me much time to obtain new sponsors, get out to do game prep, etc.

So that being said, after 17 years, I have decided to retire from broadcasting.  I can't thank you all enough for all of the friendships we have made over all of these years.  Everyone of you hold a special place in my heart.  It's hard to step away, but it's time.  Thank you all for your support, your friendship and your help over all of these years.  We could not do this without you.  Who knows, I may pop in from time to time to see you all.  You are a huge part of my life."

This also goes to BGP.  A lot of spirited debate on numerous topics and enjoyed every minute of it.  Thank you all for YOUR support of what we did.  I appreciate everyone's input.

For now, c-ya

Buttels

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6