Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Our retirement - Basketball Broadcasts

Featured Replies

All,

I sent the following message to our Basketball Coaches and AD's this morning:

"There comes a time in every career when it's time to retire.  Most of you know broadcasting games started out as a way to give the kids at Gallatin County some additional exposure since the Post wouldn't.  Most of you also know that I work at St. Elizabeth during the day.  As we found with Covid, I find myself working from home most of the week.  This does not allow me much time to obtain new sponsors, get out to do game prep, etc.

So that being said, after 17 years, I have decided to retire from broadcasting.  I can't thank you all enough for all of the friendships we have made over all of these years.  Everyone of you hold a special place in my heart.  It's hard to step away, but it's time.  Thank you all for your support, your friendship and your help over all of these years.  We could not do this without you.  Who knows, I may pop in from time to time to see you all.  You are a huge part of my life."

This also goes to BGP.  A lot of spirited debate on numerous topics and enjoyed every minute of it.  Thank you all for YOUR support of what we did.  I appreciate everyone's input.

For now, c-ya

Buttels

Thanks for supporting all the high school athletes thru the years, hope to see you around the gyms in the area.

You've done so much good for so many, certainly a labor of love I'm sure.  Congrats on a fine job.

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.