ASICS Challenge Results

vbtalk

Three of our teams traveled to Chicago last weekend for the prestigious Mother McAuley ASICS Challenge. 24 teams from 6 states including a few nationally ranked teams and two teams from the Bluegrass finished 2nd and 4th! Congrats to Notre Dame Academy for their second place finish and Assumption for their 4th place finish! NDA swept Assumption 2-0 in the semis on their way to dropping a 3 set championship match to host team Mother McAuley. The Rockets travel to NKY for a rematch with the Pandas on 10/13. This time it’ll be best 5! It’s become pretty clear the last 4 weeks that Assumption and NDA are the two best teams in the state and we can only hope the brackets will allow for them to compete in the finals at State! 

• Thanks 2

How fitting that the latest KVCA poll is released just minutes after I posted this.
1. Assumption (15 first place votes)

2. Mercy 

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame Academy (8)

5. Dunbar

6. St Henry

7. Bowling Green

8. duPont Manual (1)

9. Frederick Douglas 

10. North Oldham

This is…. uh….. interesting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vbtalk said:

How fitting that the latest KVCA poll is released just minutes after I posted this.
1. Assumption (15 first place votes)

2. Mercy 

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame Academy (8)

5. Dunbar

6. St Henry

7. Bowling Green

8. duPont Manual (1)

9. Frederick Douglas 

10. North Oldham

This is…. uh….. interesting.

So some voters have NDA out of the top 10?  Or WAY low....has to be.  That doesn't pass the smell test.  

26 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

So some voters have NDA out of the top 10?  Or WAY low....has to be.  That doesn't pass the smell test.  

I think you’re correct. I’m not sure how the math works for them to have 8 first place votes but still be 4th. I really think it’s time to revamp the voting. First, you can’t vote in that poll without paying dues. Second, I think votes should be public like the AP Poll or the Coaches Poll in CFB. 

• Like 1