Campbell Co 53 St Pat 45

This one was not pretty to watch. Not helped by a really sparse crowd - sounded like a practice at times.

Took CC about 7 minutes to score a point; dug themselves a 7-0 hole by missing MANY shots. Scored the last 4 points of the quarter to make it 7-4. Not a slowdown game, just terrible shooting. Finally got back into the game by forcing a whole bunch of turnovers. Made a nice little 6-0 run at the end of the first half to go up 21-20, after St. Pat had been up 20-15 - seemed like a little letdown by the Patties the last minute or two of the half.

I believe the score was 33-all when Owens for St. Pat needed a breather. A minute or two later CC was up 39-33; I don't think St. Pat got closer than 3 after that.

Owens wound up with 24 for St. Pat, no one else in double figures and no points off the bench. 22 St. Pat turnovers for the game was the story; I give CC credit for forcing many of them but St. Pat just didn't value the basketball. Lots of soft passes. Balanced scoring for the Camels; I don't know the names but they had players with 15, 12, 9.

Unfortunately for CC, I look for Brossart to really hand it to them tomorrow night. But - that's why you play the games.