Elizabethtown vs. John Hardin Predictions/Updates (5th Region Championship)

5th Region Championship   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who punches their ticket to Rupp Arena?

• E'town
    • John Hardin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/27/2021 at 10:30 PM

The 5th Region's two best teams this season will tangle for a fourth time to decide who advances to the Sweet 16 at Rupp. Each team won on the other's home floor in the regular season, with both contests going to the wire. The 17th District final was headed in the same direction through three quarters before E'town blitzed the Bulldogs in the final period to win going away.

The Panthers (18-2) boast five players averaging in double figures, led by 5th Region POY Jaquais Franklin (20 ppg). John Hardin (16-5) can nearly say the same, with four players averaging 10 ppg or more, and a fifth averaging just under 10. Both sides have several players capable of being the star on any given night. 

Game time is set for 6:30pm at Central Hardin High School. 

53cgdg.thumb.jpg.7bf604e8179b38baa854c420b5f545c5.jpg

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

John Hardin has claimed five region titles in its two decade existence, including trips to Rupp in 2018 and 2019.

That's pretty good - 5 region titles in 20 years of existence.  I haven't looked at North Hardin's record in those 20 years, but my sense is that when John Hardin opened, it robbed North of some of its talent base, enough so that North - which previously was an annual threat for the region title - has fallen off and isn't quite the power it used to be.  Same thing we've seen with Shelby County when Collins opened - plenty of other examples I'm sure......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

That's pretty good - 5 region titles in 20 years of existence.  I haven't looked at North Hardin's record in those 20 years, but my sense is that when John Hardin opened, it robbed North of some of its talent base, enough so that North - which previously was an annual threat for the region title - has fallen off and isn't quite the power it used to be.  Same thing we've seen with Shelby County when Collins opened - plenty of other examples I'm sure......

My knowledge of the Elizabethtown area is all pretty recent, and I don't know exactly where the district lines are, but I think a lot of kids from Radcliff (where North Hardin HS is) go to John. That's been my take from talking to people there in recent years.

• Thanks 1

• mcpapa locked this topic