No More Les (Obituary)

The Cleveland sports scene has lost another long-time media personality to complications from Parkinson's Disease and Diabetes.  Les Levine was 74 years old.  

Known for his kindness and his humorous puns, his daily show was called, "More Sports and Les Levine."  He recently tweeted this concerning the naming of the MLB Cleveland baseball team:  "If its the Spiders the the team should have a great website."  

Cleveland sports journalists are mourning the loss of a long-time mentor and friend.  His career spanned 50 years beginning in small-town radio in Indiana.  My condolences to his family.  

• Thanks 1

Another one gone.  Gib Shanley, Pete Franklin, Casey Coleman, Nev Chandler...and now Les Levine.  A lot of talent has come (and gone) out of Cleveland in the past 30 years or so.

I'd love to have seen what Les would've written for his own obituary, because you know it would've been clever.  His last pun that I heard, was about the Indians changing their name.  He said if it became the Spiders, they'd no doubt have a good website.  Classic Les.  RIP.

• Like 1