Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

God Doesn't make Junk - Our Value during the Coronavirus

Featured Replies

When I was growing up, we attended Centenary United Methodist Church in Danville, KY. For 19 years when I would leave my Sunday School class on the 2nd floor, hanging over the stairs was a huge banner, "God Doesn't Make Junk." My best guess is some Methodist hippies back in the 60's made that banner. I am thankful I saw that almost every Sunday from 1969 through 1988.

 

For many of us, we define ourselves by what we do and what we accomplish. Some times, we can define ourselves based on how much other people value us, or their opinion of us.

 

God's Word says we are created in His image (Genesis 1:27) and He put us together inside of our mother's womb (Psalm 139:13). According to Psalm 139:14, we are fearfully & wonderfully made by God, and that His creations are wonderful or marvelous. When you read those words that is God's opinion of YOU. That is His value of you. And, He values you and me so much, He sent His Son to pay for our sins.

 

If my self worth comes from being a football coach, I am in big trouble right now. Sure, I try to keep our football family connected during this time. But, the number of football workouts & practices since March 11th... ZERO. My value doesn't come from a football, my job, or my paycheck. My value comes from WHO created me.... and You.

 

And, that person you see that maybe you think you are better than they are.... their value comes from the same place as your value and it is the same.

 

And, what is even better...since we are created in God's image, we CAN solve the problems we are facing right now. We are capable. We are far from hopeless.

 

Over the years, during some of the toughest times, I have had to remember that banner hanging up that I would see every Sunday. I can't put into words how thankful I am for that repetitive visual that I needed and would help me for my entire lifetime.

 

Don't ever forget.....

 

 

GOD DOESN'T MAKE JUNK.

 

Black Shoes and White ShoeStrings: God Doesn't make Junk- Our Value during the Coronavirus

I really enjoyed your article. Thanks for sharing!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.