Lexington Catholic 88 Lexington Christian 82

This was truly one of the best high school games I have ever witnessed. This could easily be two of the best teams in Ky. this yr. This game went back and forth the entire game, with Catholic winning in the end 88-82. LCA pressed the entire game, IMO if they had pulled out of the press after the 1st quarter they would have won by 10. Catholic must have had at least 20 points on layups from the press and LCA had 5 girls with 3 fouls on them in the first half.

Both teams played very well. I simply believe LCA was outcoached tonight. One thing for sure , Emily can play!!

Just found these: Emily London: 33 points; 5 rebounds; 5 assists; 13-14 from the line.

Good job, Emily.

I noticed that Snowden went to the line 16 times and as noted above, London 14 times. The last game I saw at LexCath was a slugfest...with the opposing team getting few opportunities at the line. Where was the game played?

This game was at LCA. And the Lady Eagles were not hitting their shots. Had they got some shots to fall it may have been an Eagle victory. Lex Cath is definitely a beatable team this season. But it is still early.

Not to bash the officials, because I don't believe that they cost LCA the game, but they were making some bad calls--BOTH ways. It seemed that Lex Cath seemed to benefit from more calls, but I am not an unbiased observer. A lot of fouls that should have been called were not and some of the ones that were called were ticky-tack after the physicalness that was happening.

This was truly one of the best high school games I have ever witnessed. This could easily be two of the best teams in Ky. this yr. This game went back and forth the entire game, with Catholic winning in the end 88-82. LCA pressed the entire game, IMO if they had pulled out of the press after the 1st quarter they would have won by 10. Catholic must have had at least 20 points on layups from the press and LCA had 5 girls with 3 fouls on them in the first half.

Both teams played very well. I simply believe LCA was outcoached tonight. One thing for sure , Emily can play!!

Foul trouble hurt LCA as well. Lex Cath got three straight layups because they went at LCA's center who had 3 fouls and knew she could not foul. Smart play on their part.

Agree Scooter...they are rivals so the game always seems to play close with LexCath coming out on top. I'm pretty sure they played to a 7pt game last season as well. Congrat's to LCA for not giving in to the intimidation factor that most teams seem to have when playing LexCath.

Emily is the real deal. When she is on she is tough to stop, but when she is not the can lose to anyone.

While the game makes for good discussion, we must remember that these teams are in the same district and region. So we could see them play in March twice (but that is many games away and both teams need to take care of business first). And it is hard to beat a good team three times in a season.

toughasnails, you are absolutely correct the foul trouble killed LCA! I personally attribute that to them pressing the entire game.

Mitchell played a fantastic game and really kept her head by not fouling out to the end of the game. I also believe if Clifton had been able to play in the fourth quarter it would have made a big difference.

I am not taking anything from Catholic but the fouls had to be 4-1 against LCA (at least it seemed that way from the opposite side of the floor). In January, LCA better find a way to guard #4 . She is a pure shooter and must have had 6 or 7 3's.

I have seen alot of girls,( mostly northern Ky ), teams play and both of these teams were much better ,(at least last night ) , than the teams in the north. It must be something about basketball in Lexington !!