February 12, 20206 yr I will always feel that doom is right around the corner for any Dayton basketball team... but I'm really enjoying this Flyers team. They have some rebounding issues (which will ultimately be the reason they lose in the tournament, whatever round that might happen in), but they move the ball beautifully and shoot it really well. They're an absolute pleasure to watch. It's likely I'll never see a UD team this good again in my lifetime. It's a sight to behold. Rhode Island entered the game in second place in the A-10 with a 10-1 conference record. The 11-0 Flyers now have a 2-game cushion on the rest of the league. Obi Toppin had 22 points and 10 rebounds. Jalen Crutcher added 21 on 5-7 shooting and 9-9 from the free throw line. Flyers jumped to a ridiculous 17-0 lead in the first five minutes and never looked back. Finished the game 50% from the field as a team, which will actually hurt their NCAA-best season field goal percentage, which was at 52.4% before the game started. Return game up in Kingston, RI, will be March 4. Flyers next game will be a trip to Amherst to take on UMass Saturday afternoon.
February 13, 20206 yr I have watched both teams this year and I.M.O. that was a top notch win for Dayton.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.