Franklin County 62 North Oldham 0

jvdfc

Final. The Flyers jumped on the Mustangs early scoring on the 2nd play of the game and they never looked back. Leading 48-0 at the half the Mustangs HC asked for 8 minute quarters with the running clock. The 8 minute quarter request was a new one on me. I've never seen that at the HS level. A fast 2nd half finished with the Flyers JV/Frosh Defense stopping North Oldham deep in Flyer territory. The HC that wanted 8 minute quarters was calling timeouts with under 20 seconds left. It seemed odd to me but the Flyer D closed out strong and ended it.

The Flyer Offense put up about 450 yards of Offense on 35 plays last night. The ball was really spread around too. Big plays by #2, #13, #6, #7 and #18 along with strong play by QB Nick Broyles. Time to prepare for Waggner Flyers. Keep grinding!

I’ve seen it a couple of times, it isn’t very common since most varsity head coaches will at least want to put up a fight. It has to be mutually agreed-upon, and the winning team might want that extra time to get some reps for the younger guys. But I have seen it used in the past, almost exclusively during non-district regular season games.