Pendleton County 12 Harrison County 1 (5 innings) (38th District Championship)

Final from Falmouth.

Got to check out Pendleton for the first time this season, last night and tonight. Pretty remarkable how far the program has come. Very young, but very talented team. Put away a solid Harrison County squad after splitting the regular season with the Fillies.

I believe this is the program's first District Championship since 1998.

Yes on all accounts. The bats were cracking for the Ladycats and the young pitcher recorded 8 K's in only 5 innings. They looked like a team that is peaking at the right time.

Draw is Thursday and they will play on Monday at Campbell County.

The bats were cracking for the Ladycats and the young pitcher recorded 8 K's in only 5 innings.

Bats certainly were cracking. I think it was the third inning that the Lady Cats sent ten batters to the plate. And Bruener was hitting her spots all night. Carlisle and Musk, among others, did a lot of damage at the plate.

I would imagine that the hope for the Region Tournament is to avoid opening against the 40th District.

I would imagine that the hope for the Region Tournament is to avoid opening against the 40th District.

I think everyone in the region is hoping that, but to be the best you have to beat the best. There will be some good softball being played next week in this tournament. You'll get your money's worth for sure.