BGP Category 3 Severe Weather Alert for Sunday (updated)

nWo

The Storm Prediction Center has shifted all areas of possible storms eastward. Areas around I-65 are now in a Category 1 Marginal Risk Area. East of a line west of Frankfort to around the I-75 corridor is now in a Category 2 Slight Risk area. The Category 3 Enhanced Risk Area is now east of I-75.

KY_swody1.png

The temperatures across Kentucky will be cool at the beginning of the period but a strong warm rising of the air is expected to result in air mass destabilization ahead of the approaching surface low. By mid-afternoon temperatures are expected to be in the mid-60s with the dew points in the upper 50s to low 60s. This may contribute to risk for damaging wind gusts and isolated hail. Damaging wind gusts appear to be the primary severe threat. However, a few tornadoes can't be ruled out. Everyone should have a way to get notification of impending severe weather threat if storms develop in your area later today.

This simulated radar is from around 1 pm EST to 10 pm EST.

32-nodither.gif

I will try and post an update around mid-morning.

The Storm Prediction Center has moved the Enhanced Risk Area back westward to now include portions of the I-75 corridor south of Lexington. The Slight Risk Area has also been moved back westward to almost interstate 65.

KY_swody1.png