April 3, 20197 yr The state's two DIII LAX programs go head to head Wednesday night at Centre in Danville at 7 p.m. Both teams are on 4 game winning streaks. Center is 7-3 on the season and Transy is 8-3. Against common opponents Transy has wins against Wittenberg and Swanee. Centre lost to both of these teams. Both teams are having good seasons and this should be a good game.
April 3, 20197 yr Dumb question because I don't know the prevailing differences between D1 and D3 lacrosse (there is no D2, right?) but I know Bellarmine is D1 but not very good. I know the best of D1 like Hopkins, Duke, etc. are top tier but how wide is the gap between teams like Centre/Transylvania and Bellarmine?
April 3, 20197 yr Author Dumb question because I don't know the prevailing differences between D1 and D3 lacrosse (there is no D2, right?) but I know Bellarmine is D1 but not very good. I know the best of D1 like Hopkins, Duke, etc. are top tier but how wide is the gap between teams like Centre/Transylvania and Bellarmine? The 'elite' of D3 could probably hang with over half of the programs in D1. When it comes to established programs verses new comers - the scoring can get pretty unbalanced between the elites and non-elites in all the divisions (there is D2 but its geographically limited to mostly the Carolinas, not sure how that came about). Transylvania has been on good rise since its inception in 2014 and won its conference 4 years in a row and went to the NCAA tournament via automatic bid the last 2 years. Its in a new conference this year for lacrosse, but this conference did retain the automatic bid. Centre had a coaching change a couple of years ago and is now looking good again. Bellarmine is under a new coach this year and struggling record-wise. Bellarmine has traditionally had a pipeline of players from Canada coming down. Not sure if its been able to keep that going. If any of the Kentucky teams went head to head with a Duke or Hopkins - it would be ugly. But the trajectory for the schools is positive. Also, many would like UofL to get a team going in the ACC but I think title IX limits them from doing this.
April 4, 20197 yr Author Centre will win. 14 to 10 with 1 minute. Corbyn Burchat, a junior from St. X led Transylvania with 3 goals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.