Nice Article about Nick Petrino

Xman85

The 5-foot-9 185-pounder has scholarship offers from NCAA Division I-AA Jacksonville State and Richmond and also is considering Nevada.

There's also a school here in town he's considering, the one where his dad is the coach.

"It's a possibility," Petrino said. "Me and my dad have been talking about it, but we decided that we want to do the best thing for me. I'm going to wait until the season is over before I really start looking into where I want to go."

For now he's focused on tonight's game. Male and Trinity haven't met since the classic 4-A final in 2002, which the Shamrocks won 59-56. Could this one produce more offensive fireworks?

"I think there's a possibility it will be a shootout," Petrino said. "But both defenses are coming out with a lot of confidence because they've been playing well all season, so it's going to be a tough game. It could be a shootout, and it could be a low-scoring game."

Spoken like a coach's son.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061117/SPORTS05/611170420

Great job Nick. He has come a long way. He is truly a leader on this team. I really think if he is able to lead the Rocks past the favored Dawgs tonight, and then on to a second state championship he should be named Mr. Football. He is a winner, I don't have any higher praise for a player than that.

Great job Nick. He has come a long way. He is truly a leader on this team. I really think if he is able to lead the Rocks past the favored Dawgs tonight, and then on to a second state championship he should be named Mr. Football. He is a winner, I don't have any higher praise for a player than that.

Nick has done an excellent job this year...his stats in this article are great.

Beaumont is going to be very tough to beat with going both ways and all..