St. George Island Florida

4pointplay

Looking to try a new vacation spot this summer and St George Island was recommended.

Checking out VRBO and can find some nice places and pricing is consistent with other vacation spots we have visited in the past. Drive is 11.5 hours from Northern Kentucky so that works.

Anybody been there? Thoughts, recommendations?

Any info would be much appreciated?

I've never been there, but was curious as to where it is located. When I Googled the St. George Island one of the top results was this CNN video which states the island was hit pretty hard by the recent hurricane. You might want to look into that. Even if you find a home that wasn't damaged to rent, you might find a lot of the surrounding business closed for repair.

St. George Island in ruins after Michael - CNN Video

I've never been there, but was curious as to where it is located. When I Googled the St. George Island one of the top results was this CNN video which states the island was hit pretty hard by the recent hurricane. You might want to look into that. Even if you find a home that wasn't damaged to rent, you might find a lot of the surrounding business closed for repair.

St. George Island in ruins after Michael - CNN Video

Checking into the rental properties we did see that some were still under repair and hoping to be available for the summer season. Most of the restaurants appear to be back open according to TripAdvisor and their websites.

We were looking for someplace for whole family to relax and chill so it seems like a good fit!