Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question on Cross-Bracketing for 2019

Featured Replies

In the great age of cross-bracketing, I have a question. I will use Boyle County as an example. For 2019 they are in district 5 of 4A. Their district is cross-bracketed with district 7. If both number 1 seeds were to meet for the regional championship, which district would host? I thought it was an odd-even thing with the odd district hosting in the odd year; however, both districts are odd numbered in an odd year. Please share the knowledge.

You won’t get a good answer because the KHSAA will continue to be unfair how they handle the districts that get moved each year. I would love for Julian to chime in so I can poke holes in his argument

Delete Double post

In the great age of cross-bracketing, I have a question. I will use Boyle County as an example. For 2019 they are in district 5 of 4A. Their district is cross-bracketed with district 7. If both number 1 seeds were to meet for the regional championship, which district would host? I thought it was an odd-even thing with the odd district hosting in the odd year; however, both districts are odd numbered in an odd year. Please share the knowledge.

Paul I thought I seen somewhere on the KHSAA website that if both are odd the lower district will host. I'll see if I can find it again.

6) Should teams with the same seeding meet in the third round,

the team representing the even-numbered District shall serve

as the host school the games in even-numbered years, while the team representing the odd-numbered District shall host the game in odd-numbered years. If the paired districts are both

even or both odd, the highest numbered district shall host the

game in even numbered years and the lowest numbered shall

serve as the host school for the game in odd numbered

years.

 

 

So, If I am reading this right. Boyle is District 5 in a odd year (2019) the lower seed 5

 

Now for the Semi's doesn't the new KHSAA rule start on seeding the final 4 teams next year?

 

If so, do teams think about adding cupcakes to avoid a loss to try for a top 2 seed to host a semi final game? IMO all semi final games should be on a neutral field.

Edited by Rebel

The question is if both teams have the same seed who will host. KHSAA will put out a thing at the beginning of the year that will answer that. In years past when it was a much simpler time odd districts hosted in odd years and even districts hosted in even years. But now you could have two odd districts playing each other.

 

Here is a link for last years layout and who hosted what in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

 

Football Cross Bracket Chart 2

  • Author

Rebel, where did you see this information?

Paul got it off the KHSAA website.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.