Campbell County Middle School Basketball Tourney Schedule

Brcatz

Worth noting, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but Mason County 8th was undefeated but were never going to come back for the evening semi-finals. I think I have that correct.

Mason never showed Friday nite so they only played 2 games and were not allowed in the finals.

Also noting that the way the pools were set up that Pool A the Loaded up with the 3 better teams of Woodland, Bally, Highlands.

Mason County really never played anyone.

So I feel the Pools of A,B,C were really unfair to all the teams.

A few results I've heard today:

St Paul beat Gray in OT.

Gray beat Summit View.

Mason County beat Summit View.

BallyShannon beat Woodland by about 10 in a game marred with a shove and parents having to be separated. Reports I got it was an ugly scene that started with nonsense on the court and then carried on with some worked up dads.

Mason County beat St Paul.

The Ballyshannon/Woodland game was all started by some Bally Players getting frustrated during the game, clapping in Woodland Players faces etc...The whole game was controlled by Woodland, so don't let the 8 point win think Bally was the better team cause this was not the case.

Then a Bally Player undercut a Woodland Player on a rebound and the Woodland player went straight down on his back and was hurt very badly and in immediate pain. During the tending of the Woodland player, one of the Bally Coaches smarted off to the Woodland dad who's son was hurt and said he's not hurt our player barely touched him. Nothing major just the adults being adults...

Well I was there and the Bally coaches were really out of line the whole game and were warned several times and almost got Techs Called.

With this I saw a very physical game between two good teams were one team controlled most of the game. Bally played a zone the whole game because they could not keep up with the quickness of Woodland. Bally looked very out of shape and both games I saw they played Bally looks lost. Both teams seem to have some cocky kids that made this game interesting.

I might have to go over to Woodland for the rematch in this one because it might get very interesting...

Mason never showed Friday nite so they only played 2 games and were not allowed in the finals.

Also noting that the way the pools were set up that Pool A the Loaded up with the 3 better teams of Woodland, Bally, Highlands.

Mason County really never played anyone.

So I feel the Pools of A,B,C were really unfair to all the teams.

You are correct Mason never showed Friday due to the fact that they asked not to play Friday night because of a conflict but was scheduled anyway. But also correct they were never staying for the semi-finals. Mason has a 12 hour bus rule and since they left for the 8:00 am game at 6:30. The bus had to be back by 6:30 pm. Yes and I agree the pools weren’t exactly even. But with so many teams I’m sure they did what they had to do.

You are correct Mason never showed Friday due to the fact that they asked not to play Friday night because of a conflict but was scheduled anyway. But also correct they were never staying for the semi-finals. Mason has a 12 hour bus rule and since they left for the 8:00 am game at 6:30. The bus had to be back by 6:30 pm. Yes and I agree the pools weren’t exactly even. But with so many teams I’m sure they did what they had to do.

I think this Tourney needs to have all grades played in a certain gym. Too much confusion for teams going to different gyms for differnt grade levels. Having the 8th grade teams playing on a side by side court that is smaller is crazy.

If anyone is listening have the 6th grade play in the practice gym.

7th grade played at Middle School.

8th played at Varsity gym.