7 on 7 Henderson/Madisonville/Christian County/Owensboro Catholic

Got a chance to catch some of these teams in 7 on 7 last night in Henderson. Initial thoughts:

Henderson- Patterson kid was playing QB. They had some good looking skill kids but I think they are going to be depending on the QB's legs quite a bit. He is a strong looking kid. Has a really strong arm and accurate enough to make you pay if you over commit to him running though.

Owensboro Catholic- They have another good looking QB who throws a very good deep ball. They looked alot faster than I thought they would be. They were probably the most impressive team out there which shouldn't be a huge surprise for as well as they throw the ball. They had kids consistently getting open downfield against Henderson and Madisonville.

Christian County: I know they lost alot but of course they had athletes all over the field. I thought defensively they looked the best of the 4 groups. Their QB throws a nice catchable ball. They had the most elusive kids out of the group in the open field.

Madisonville: They looked good in some series and not so much in others. They are athletic and have some kids who can make plays. I was impressed with their RB's catching the ball out of the backfield.

Agree zoneblitz, i was surprised that OCath looked as good as they did against some pretty athletic teams. Christian county had some impressive looking athletes, Madisonville as well but their two QBs weren't super strong. Hendo looks like they will need to ground and pound this year and not rely much on the passing game. Catholic QB and receivers were solid but their breakdowns on D will need to get fixed.