Chance for strong to severe storms on Sunday

nWo

There is a chance of strong to severe storms late Sunday afternoon into the evening hours. Supercell storm development will be possible. These storms could produce damaging winds, hail. A weak tornado could be also possible. The Cincinnati/NKY area should see a line of showers and storms early during the day. The severe weather looks to develop around 5 pm then move across most of Kentucky.

The Storm Prediction Center has parts of Kentucky north of I-64 in a Slight Risk Area while a Marginal Risk Area extends southward to about the Cumberland PKWY.

KY_swody2.png

The following is the simulated radar from 5 pm to 5 am EDT.

radae.gif

This shows the atmospheric energy for the development of storms during the same time period.

220-nodither.gif

I will update in the morning.

The threat level has subsided some but there still remains a threat for strong to severe storms later today. For now, it seems it like it will be a more scattered storm event. The Storm Prediction Center has lowered their threat level to a Marginal Risk Area. The main threats from these possible storms look to be damaging winds and hail. The timing looks to be from between 8-11 pm EDT. There seem to be two separate batches of storms that could be entering Kentucky around the 8 pm time slot. One in Western Kentucky and one that will affect parts of Kentucky from around the Louisville area. The storms should be in the Northern Kentucky area between 10-11 pm EDT.

Please note these storms could go severe quickly without much warning. Look for watches to go up later today.

I will update later this afternoon.

KY_swody1.png

220-nodither.gif

We could be going through somewhat of the same scenario on Monday.

KY_swody2.png