December 12, 20178 yr Colts scored late and went for 2. They converted and were actually done with their celebration and getting ready to head to commercial break. Then, all of a sudden, it was like..."wait, we think there was a flag..." They called offensive pass interference in a foot of snow and took the conversion away. Then they tied with a extra point kick. I was saying the same thing. That PI call was a joke. The block by the other WR was within one yard of the line of scrimmage so no PI should have been called. However, since I have Shady on my FF team, I was OK with the OT as he took one to the house for me to end it:)! I will say that the flag may have been thrown right away but buried in the snow so maybe the announcers just could not see it...terrible call though IMO...
December 12, 20178 yr Another thing that is very interesting about the game is that those conditions may cost Vinatieri $500k. He has a clause in his contract that if he makes 90% of his FG attempts, he gets a $500k bonus. He was 22-23 before the game and missed two FG's during the game so he is now 22-25 - under 90%. If he goes 5-5 the rest of the year, he will get back to 90%...can you imagine if he has a 53 yarder in the last game for $500,000?? I would call that added pressure! He has proven he can handle pressure though...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.