Help With Info On Stem Cell Treatments In Germany

BFritz

Anyone have any info on stem cell treatments for traumatic brain injuries in Germany?

I've done some research about prices and things and even filled out a question/answer form on one hospital's website with some questions that I have but I haven't heard anything back.

I'm wondering where I could get it done, what I would need to do to be approved for it, how I apply, the cost, etc..

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!

(Stem cells used for this type of thing would come from things like bone marrow, blood plasma, etc.)

Be careful BFritz. I know how anxious you are to be part of something like this. Germany may very well have a legitimate program, but keep in mind they may not have the same controls like the FDA imposes. When you are in a foreign country, there are different rules. They probably have great saftey standards, but how do you know? You don’t want to sign your rights away and become a guinea pig. Be sure of what you are getting into.

Do your homework young man and please be very cautious. I truly hope you find what you are looking for, but your situation is too complicated to move too quickly.

Be careful BFritz. I know how anxious you are to be part of something like this. Germany may very well have a legitimate program, but keep in mind they may not have the same controls like the FDA imposes. When you are in a foreign country, there are different rules. They probably have great saftey standards, but how do you know? You don’t want to sign your rights away and become a guinea pig. Be sure of what you are getting into.

Do your homework young man and please be very cautious. I truly hope you find what you are looking for, but your situation is too complicated to move too quickly.

I know and that's why I've been looking into it and finding cases of it working, but I just can't find much specific on how I'd get into contact or where or anything like that.

They do have less regulations, but it's also not like they're just performing experiments and some people are coming out with twelve fingers or no liver. They're still a sophisticated country and not going to just put me in a room with a surgeon that got his education from watching a "Hot To" video and say "best of luck!"

I'm doing my due diligence and making sure it's all safe and in-line, which is another reason why I'm asking on here and on another blog and I will on Facebook at some point. I'm just gathering all the information I can so that I can make an informed decision (with my family) and find the best places for this.

I do appreciate the words because I know that you're just looking out for me, but trust me when I tell you that my family wouldn't just allow me to go do something unless it was full-proof on the safety side (being from Beechwood, I realize that you might know my family since we lived on Sunnymede and then Cambridge when I was growing up until 7th grade).