Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 7th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

I like Manual to be a little better than you might think given 10-20 with the same players minus departed PG whose name was Britt (also their QB) I think. The Crimsons struggled early when a key senior quit, but definitely improved by the end of the year. Hawkins and Roberts will be a lot for most teams to deal with in the paint. Coach Just tends to improve kids who stay, like Dwayne Sutton. The OT loss to Ballard in the Regional Final his senior year three years ago was a tough end to a year that would have earned the Crimsons some credibility now but for the technical foul called on Jared Harness perhaps. Trinity is overwhelmingly loaded, of course. I can't recall a more formidable looking team at the start of a season in some time, but who knows? St. X is not the only team with nice looking underclassmen coming up and while I don't immediately recognize Ballard's kids, I bet I will when I see them and they will be tough. St. X should have kids who were freshmen last year in addition to Taylor who will contribute, and I think they have a strong freshman squad this year as well. I'm sure the poster who likes Male knows what he is talking about, they are due to make noise. CAL will be tough without Milton. They have a real program and plenty of talent coming up. I also think Coach Settembre will inevitably make Collegiate a factor, but maybe they are a year away. Very interested that CAL picked up Tyler McDaniel. This is one year I like the overall competitiveness of the 6th Region a little more, but there are plenty of games to anticipate in the 7th.

 

Finally, I was struck by Coach Renner's squad last year going 27-7 but 16-0 against region rivals. Ballard was the best in the 7th Region last year, but I'm guessing they lost twice to Fern Creek and wondering who else in KY?

 

I love these articles.

 

Last year, Ballard lost to Bowling Green 69-67 in King of the Bluegrass in a game they led by 18 early, and they lost to Fern Creek 4 times: once in King of the Bluegrass, one in LIT, the regular season game and again in the state tournament quarterfinal. So they only lost to 2 KY teams: Bowling green once and Fern Creek 4 times. Their only other 2 losses were to Indiana teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.