NBA FanDuel

HammerTime

There's some pretty good value out there tonight. Malcolm Delaney @$3100 and getting the start in what's predicted to be a high scoring, fast tempo game is almost impossible to pass up. He's almost a lock to hit 6x value, so I think he's going to be highly owned. Dwayne Bacon should get a lot of run, and may not be as highly owned, so he's worth a look too. If you run with these two, you can get fit Giannis or Harden in with a couple other top level guys as a lot of the other high priced guys aren't on the slate. Harden is at home and he's usually really good at home, but it's hard not to play Giannis right now. I really like these slates....8 games so there's going to be some variety, and some good value plays to fit in a few upper mid tier guys around a couple stars.

There's some pretty good value out there tonight. Malcolm Delaney @$3100 and getting the start in what's predicted to be a high scoring, fast tempo game is almost impossible to pass up. He's almost a lock to hit 6x value, so I think he's going to be highly owned. Dwayne Bacon should get a lot of run, and may not be as highly owned, so he's worth a look too. If you run with these two, you can get fit Giannis or Harden in with a couple other top level guys as a lot of the other high priced guys aren't on the slate. Harden is at home and he's usually really good at home, but it's hard not to play Giannis right now. I really like these slates....8 games so there's going to be some variety, and some good value plays to fit in a few upper mid tier guys around a couple stars.

I'm torn on Delaney, Mike James, or Ulis. Also Delly mixed in with them.

Big night last night for me. Went a little heavy because I loved the slate (both in size and teams playing). Played 3 different lineups and cashed all three. It’s been a good start to the NBA dis season so far. Football on the other hand still sucks...

Big night last night for me. Went a little heavy because I loved the slate (both in size and teams playing). Played 3 different lineups and cashed all three. It’s been a good start to the NBA dis season so far. Football on the other hand still sucks...

Nice, Fox/Mike James took me over the edge and I ended up cashing one of my free entries.

Nice, Fox/Mike James took me over the edge and I ended up cashing one of my free entries.

My best lineup had Mike James in it, scored just under 320. Unfortunately it also had Dillon Brooks who only scored 5. Would have had a really nice cash if he had just hit value.

My best lineup had Mike James in it, scored just under 320. Unfortunately it also had Dillon Brooks who only scored 5. Would have had a really nice cash if he had just hit value.

I was in a similar spot. I would have cashed in the $100's if Brooks would have done anything close to value. I had him in 80% of my lineups, that was a poor decision. :lol2:

Someone please explain how basketball works on FanDuel.

Also, I @rjs4470 referenced something along the lines of " He's almost a lock to hit 6x value, so I think he's going to be highly owned."

What does that mean? The more they hit certain targets, the higher the point value climbs?

Someone please explain how basketball works on FanDuel.

Also, I @rjs4470 referenced something along the lines of " He's almost a lock to hit 6x value, so I think he's going to be highly owned."

What does that mean? The more they hit certain targets, the higher the point value climbs?

Like any other fantasy sport, player score “point” for various stats. Field goals, steals, rebounds etc. Basketball is the most fun DFS sport for me because success relies heavily on research and understanding game flow, matchups, etc. in order to cash, most times you are going to need at least 300 points. If you do the math, each player needs to score abou 5 points for every $1000 of salary, ie $5000 salary needs to score 25 points. In order to do well though, you’ll need a few guys to go even higher. So 5x is minimum, and you’ll need a couple guys to go 6x or higher. In a nutshell, you need to find a couple really low priced guys who will get you a great return for a small investment so you can squeeze 2-3 high prices stars.

Obviously there’s a lot more to it, and I could write a whole book on strategies and tips. But there are plenty of sites you can find that will go into more detail than I can provide on BGP. But I’m happy to answer any other questions you might have.