Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands V Ryle in NKY JV Regional Final

Featured Replies

Game is at Town and Country at 7PM. Great night for a game

  • Author

Highlands 3 Ryle 0

 

And to the Ryle fan that yelled to a Ryle player to "break his leg" on a slide tackle, you are an embarrassment of an adult and I am glad that I didn't hear it live.

Yet another year of bad blood at the JV tourney then I see.

Highlands 3 Ryle 0

 

And to the Ryle fan that yelled to a Ryle player to "break his leg" on a slide tackle, you are an embarrassment of an adult and I am glad that I didn't hear it live.

 

no place for that in sports, let alone with 15 year olds. That fan should be identified and dealt with accordingly.

  • Author
no place for that in sports, let alone with 15 year olds. That fan should be identified and dealt with accordingly.

 

Yep. The Ryle parents last year were great, and they had every right to be upset and rude due to a very controversial penalty that was given. This year their were a few that felt talking trash to JV players was cool? I don't get it.

That certainly would have been a terrible thing to say. So I checked with fans that were right in the center of the action last night and they emphatically said no one had issues with any Highlands players. There was no animosity between players. Before you take steps to accuse people of harmful words, verify what you think you hear.

  • Author
That certainly would have been a terrible thing to say. So I checked with fans that were right in the center of the action last night and they emphatically said no one had issues with any Highlands players. There was no animosity between players. Before you take steps to accuse people of harmful words, verify what you think you hear.

I said that I didn't hear it live. My son did as it was directed directly at him. I have watched them play 100s of games over their lives and my boys have never said that a fan said anything like that. Tell me, why would they say that now?

Certainly you would believe your son, and that is definitely a shame if said. I can say that while the intensity was high the only individual the Ryle parents had issue with was the center ref and some of his calls. I was super impressed with Highlands coach pulling one of his own players off the field who wouldn't stop mouthing off at the ref.

  • Author
Certainly you would believe your son, and that is definitely a shame if said. I can say that while the intensity was high the only individual the Ryle parents had issue with was the center ref and some of his calls. I was super impressed with Highlands coach pulling one of his own players off the field who wouldn't stop mouthing off at the ref.

 

That was one of my boys. He got a yellow for blocking what he thought was a quick free kick...then didn't let it go. He was off any way for that, but he sat for the rest of the game and rightfully so. I was happy that Coach Dean taught him a lesson.

 

I don't feel like on the field there were issues beyond the bad penalty that Highlands got and converted. That was a huge call though and changed the game. The rest of the calls were a result of a ref that was very strict. Ryle plays a very physical style and had there been a looser ref the game may have gone differently for sure. You run that risk when you make that your style.

 

The younger Paul, IMO, was the best player on the field. His foot skills are very impressive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.