Cooper Football 2017, no worries.

Hellbird

This year is going to be full of growing pains for Cooper but I have no problem at all with that.

Cooper is so young and knew it would be a tough season for them but I really like some of the changes being made. For the 5th year in a row they have had a new qb. This year may be the last of the revolving qb's for awhile. I love the change made from Armour as starting qb to Linder to starting qb. I liked what I saw in the HHS game when Linder took over. He throws a nice ball and one of the biggest problems Cooper had was no wr's that could catch the ball. Now they move Armour back to receiver where he played last year and they finally have a decent threat at that position as they demonstrated with their TD Fri night. That plus the fact that Armour is only a JR this year gives him another year to mature at that position. The best part of that fact is that the starting qb now is only a sophomore. That is huge!

Coach Borchers is the best in the area at molding qb's and he now has 3 years with Linder which is huge. Anyone remember the last 3 yr starter at that position? Does Tyler Morris ring any bells? He went from a team that couldn't beat themselves to a team that made it to the state championship game his senior year as starting qb. I'm not saying that will happen here but I will remind everyone that every qb Borchers started after that state title run season broke school records each year after.

This year will be ugly, no doubt, next week will make you want to bury your heads in the sand garunteed when they play Cov Cath and a certain SK fan will gloat the rest of the season in this one. But in the end I will take the growing pains. They have been so successful in their infancy compared to another team who took over 50 yrs to simply match Coopers success in their first 6.

Cooper fans, there will be those detractors so be prepared to take your lumps. It comes with the territory. Just take the hits and let it roll off your shoulders. In the end this is all to improve the team over the next few seasons. Cooper will be back sooner than later at taking their place once again at the top of their district.

Just be patient. I wouldn't trade this coaching staff for any other in NKY.

Cooper Strong!

Well said Hellbird. I saw a lot more positives last night than I saw a week ago. Unfortunately for my family, my son is a senior and won't get the chance to play the upcoming years as the rest of the team matures. But that is life and how the cards are laid for him so he has to play his best and continue to build up the team around him.

Ironic the first person to reply to your post is who it is.... I really think Boone county schools took him to the woodshed too many times in his high school years and left such a bitter and spiteful mess in their wake.