KVCA pre-season coaches' poll

It what has provided an annual laugh, here's the KVCA pre-season state poll. I think they have the top 5 teams correct, although not sure about the order. How Beechwood can be 6th in the State poll but 4th in it's own Region in the same poll is mind-numbing (I believe the latter is more accurate) Both polls at the link below. Assumption is simply loaded with talent this year.

1 Assumption (21)

2 Sacred Heart (1)

3 Mercy Academy

4 Henry Clay

5 Notre Dame

6 Beechwood

7 North Oldham

8 Greenwood

9 St. Henry District

10 Oldham County

11 Paul Laurence Dunbar

12 McCracken County

13 Male

14 Presentation

15 DuPont Manual

16 Cooper

17 Ryle

18 Tates Creek

19 Apollo

20 Christian Academy-Louisville

21 Eastern

22 Central Hardin

23 West Jessamine

24 Holy Cross (Louisville)

25 Butler

Kentucky Volleyball Coaches Association

I'm just guessing, because I'm not a part of this rating process...but I'm sure the placement of Beechwood has something to do with the fact that 9th Region Coaches vote in the 9th Region Poll...every coach in Kentucky votes for Statewide Poll. I'm also guessing that the State Poll is based on the last weeks tournament, but who knows. Beechwood played several teams on that list.

In my opinion Ballard is missing. I thought they were a really solid Team. Based on seeing them in one match, I would go as far as saying top 10 or 12.

• 3 weeks later...

With some early season results in, we have some idea of what this should look like:

1. Assumption

2. Mercy

3. Notre Dame

4. Sacred Heart

After that it gets more difficult, but I don't think Henry Clay should be up as high as is. I think both Presentation and North Oldham have beaten Henry Clay in early season play.