Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hazard at North Laurel (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

What are these two teams going to learn from this scrimmage?

 

I got word Cory Smith and his brother Austin will not be playing.

This will be a good one if the Smith boys play, hopeful nothing wrong with the Smith boys they are really good kids from a great family.

  • Author
This will be a good one if the Smith boys play, hopeful nothing wrong with the Smith boys they are really good kids from a great family.

 

Any North Laure fans on here know how they are going to do this scrimmage?

  • Author

I think they just got started. Hazard didn't score on their first 10 plays then North got the ball and Hazard just scored on a pick 6.

  • Author

First 20 plays for both teams no offense movement only score was a stupart pick six for hazard.

  • Author

Friend said they run the chains for 3 series and it was 7-0 Hazard on a Bryson Parks touchdown.

  • Author

I haven't had no more updates.

Corey Smith is going be a hoss again this season. He's one of those backs that will be fun to watch, unless your the defense.

  • Author

Coach Larkey pleased with North Laurel’s scrimmage against Hazard | Sports | thetimestribune.com

 

 

NORTH LAUREL — North Laurel coach Chris Larkey takes a scrimmage as it is — a scrimmage. His Jaguars went up against Hazard, who was a state runner-up in Class A last season, during the Jaguars’ lone scrimmage, and passed the test, according to Larkey.

 

“We didn’t keep score or anything, but the scrimmage was set up that we would run 10 plays, and then they’d run 10 plays. I thought we looked good. We made some mistakes on offense, but we also made some big plays on offense, too. I wanted to see what shape we were in, and I think that our guys are in pretty good shape. Nobody got hurt was the most important thing. But back to our offense, I thought we threw the ball well at times, and we ran the ball well at times.”

 

Larkey said he was pleased with his team’s success because he knows just how good of a team Hazard is.

 

“They’re a very good team,” he admitted. “They are hard to run on, and I thought we were able to run on them successfully at times. Like I said, we made some mistakes, but that’s going to happen. Especially when you play a team like Hazard. I’m not disappointed with our efforts at all in this game. I thought we really done a good job out there. They’ve got a real good team, and don’t forget they were state runner-up last season. We needed to play a game like this. They gave us some good looks, and we were able to play even with them.”

 

On defense, Hazard managed to score a couple of touchdowns, but the scores didn’t concern Larkey.

 

“They ran a screen pass and scored on us, he said. “Then we drove the ball really good, but couldn’t get into the end zone. We threw short passes and connected with them, but we didn’t score against their varsity defense. We know what we need to do, and we will continue to work on things.”

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.