March 2, 20179 yr Dayton wins the Atlantic 10 regular season title outright. Flyers' first ever outright Atlantic 10 title. In fact, Dayton's first ever outright league title in any conference (independent until 1988).
March 2, 20179 yr In fact, Dayton's first ever outright league title in any conference (independent until 1988). That is surprising, even if they were independent for all of those years. Congratulations!
March 2, 20179 yr Pretty much cements their at-large bid to the dance as well. I think Dayton and VCU were in good shape regardless of the outcome of this game. If they are debating the merits of Kansas State and Georgia and Clemson and Vanderbilt, you gotta think these two were stone cold locks.
March 2, 20179 yr Author I think Dayton and VCU were in good shape regardless of the outcome of this game. If they are debating the merits of Kansas State and Georgia and Clemson and Vanderbilt, you gotta think these two were stone cold locks. It was dicey because of all the injuries UD had in the early part of the year. Fell just short against Nebraska, Northwestern, and St. Mary's, losing all those games by four points or less. Vanderbilt, in fact, was probably Dayton's best win before last night. I always assume that the doom is right around the corner. There have been years I thought Dayton was a six or seven seed and we ended up with a 10. Other years I've thought we'd sneak in and ended up in the NIT. Really need those OOC wins to cement things if you're an A-10 squad.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.