Danville's ShaDon Brown Hired As Colorado's DB Coach

Harry Doyle

So happy for this guy!

Former Danville HS and Campbellsville University standout ShaDon Brown keeps climbing the big time coaching ladder.

ShaDon as some of you probably know was the former head coach at Rowan County High School here in KY from 2008-2010, and then landed an assistant coaching spot with fellow Danville teammate Nathan Fuqua (who was recently hired away from Wofford as the DC at Georgia State) at Wofford College. Last year ShaDon was hired at Army as their DB's coach, and now heading to Boulder.

Congrats ShaDon!

Source: CU Buffs hire ShaDon Brown as cornerbacks coach - Buffzone

ShaDon Brown- great person and football coach. Congratulations !!!

Excerpt:

The first time I worked with ShaDon Brown was when we were on Coach French's East All-Star Staff in 2009. ShaDon played at Danville for Coach Harp. ShaDon was an assistant in college, then at Boyle County before he became the head coach at Rowan County.

In that all-star game, I was in the press box and ShaDon was on the field. We were struggling bad, but ShaDon was great encouraging the kids and keeping the wheels on. I was real impressed with how he handled adversity with players he had only known a few days.

We had two great games with his Rowan County teams in 2009 and 2010. Our 2010 game was on TV. One time I asked Trosper if he knew Coach Brown. He said, "Yes, he is that big-time coach we saw on TV!"

ShaDon was working hard to instill a confident mindset in his team. He reminded me of myself standing on the hashmarks in Flatwoods before our first game against Russell, establishing with our kids that we were not going to back down from anyone. He was pushing as hard as he could to build a Central Kentucky-style football program in Morehead.

I really enjoyed having a guy from my neck of the woods in this area. We had a lot in common and faced many of the same challenges. To ShaDon's credit, I never saw him shy away from adversity or back down from a challenge.

Anchors Aweigh … 3 tough Ads | Sports | maysville-online.com