Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does UofL really need Q that bad?

Featured Replies

I've been thinking about this for awhile.

 

Snider's last game was the win over Duke.

 

Up until that game, I wasn't terribly sure Louisville was capable of scoring 80 against a team full of me. Since he went out, the Cards have scored 92, 68, 106 and 85. Again, I thought the idea of Louisville scoring 80 was preposterous, let alone 106.

 

So, clearly, the offense is working better without Q's ball-stopping, incessant-dribbling ways.

 

Next thing to look at is the defense, as we know he's a key component to what Rick wants to do defensively.

 

Since Q's departure, Louisville has allowed 60, 73, 51 and 60. Pretty darned strong.

 

What, really, are the Cardinals actually missing?

 

Keep in mind that I love Q and have loved watching him since he was a HS frosh. But I can't help but scratch my head a bit here. When he returns, does his role change dramatically? I feel like it should.

I was wondering if others were noticing. Though he doesn't turn it over, Q dribbles so much that the offense gets stagnant. Right now the offense looks better. They're moving the ball quicker, and with mitchell pushing the pace they're up the court faster as well. Defensively they're better as well, as q struggles to contain any oppossing pg.

 

However to answer your question, yes they need Q. I just hope that they're showing him the difference on film. If he comes back and Rick makes him get the ball moving quickly like they're doing now, we'll be great going forward. They need him, but him going out (and seeing the difference without him) and returning may have been a blessing in disguise. Reveals a weakness (holding the ball) that I hope Rick notices. This should help exponentially going forward into tourney time. Hicks developing more while q was out helped as well.

It's also worth noting that while he was out, Louisville lost the game to the only good team they played. Clemson and Pitt are at the bottom of the ACC and NC State isn't much better.

 

Louisville might just be fortunate as to the timing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.