BluegrassPreps - Western Kentucky Power Ranking - 10/2/16

Purple88

Well let's talk about 16 through 20. Obviously much more debatable.

What do you like/dislike about these:

16 Graves County - Record 5-2. Only losses to Mayfield and Hopkinsville. Beat upstart Marshall County handily (31-7). But the Big Boys of the District are up next for back to back road games at Christian and at Owensboro. How now brown cow?

17 Allen County Scottsville - Record 4-3. Beat a spunky Warren East club 28-21 even when your QB leader goes out of the game. Impressive. Now must man-up and tow the line at always tough #3 Franklin Simpson!

18. Butler County - Record 4-3. Bears fans, I didn't mean to put the cold shoulder on you, but apparently I have. Rex Henderson is always dangerous. Currently on the bye week. Should be a shoe-in for 2nd in the district. But is that the ceiling? For Rex Henderson's sake, I hope not.

19. Paducah Tilghman - Record 2-5. Pulled out a frog-strangler game at Trigg County 13 to 10 to help keep me in the Staying Alive game. Just feels like there is water in the gas tank for the Tornados and not sure they can get that fixed this season. But 2nd in the district is still yours for the taking!

20. Tie: Calloway County - Record 5-1. Beat Hop County Central 33-15. Sneaky squad; you forget they are there. Should lose to Hoptown and Graves County, but win the rest and go 7 and 3! Man that's a nice season right there! Would likely set up a very entertaining matchup in Murray against Allen County Scottsville!

Henderson County - 2-5. Brutal schedule has subsided, but your toughest district challenge (McCracken County) will come to Henderson road-weary on Friday night. Not looking favorable in that one for the Colonels, but if you show well you could hang around. If not, this is likely the end of the line for the Power Rankings for the Colonels in 2016 with Owensboro still on the schedule!

Others Considered: (Invaded by "M" schools:)) Muhlenberg County, Marshall County McLean County, Metcalfe County, Madisonville NH, and Monroe County

What do you think?

Edited by Purple88
Spelling