Teeroy's Top Ten - Post Week 3

teeroy

1. Trinity (6A) - The Rocks have wins over top teams from TN and KY and a national top 25 ranking

2. Bowling Green (5A) - Purples impressive wins include a running clock over a strong 5A team (Christian County) and a statement win over 6A St X

3. Male (6A) Amost winning at Trinity was a very impressive showing by the Bulldogs

4. Belfry (3A) the Pirates are just rolling so far. Corbin would be an interesting matchup in the state semifinals.

5. Johnson Central (4A) They have two impressive wins over a couple of the best teams in WV.

6. St. Xavier (6A) Tigers QB returned for a blowout win over a good Central team. They also hung with Bowling Green and won at Lex Cath without their star QB

7. Simon Kenton (6A) They routed a very good CAL team to start the season and haven't looked back since

8. Scott County (6A) Cardinals have been a hard team to figure out. We will know a lot more after they host Lafayette next week.

9. Mayfield (2A) Winning at McCracken last week showed they are deserving of a top ten ranking.

10. Lafayette (6A) they have really only played one good team and that was a blowout loss at home to Trinity. However since Trinity is very good and Lafayette has some very good players, I'm keeping them ranked until I see how they do vs Scott Co.

I'm keeping my eye on Corbin. They will be ranked if they win their next two games which includes a neutral site battle with Mayfield.

I'll rank Cooper next week if they can beat Simon Kenton.

I think Belfry is really good. They destroyed 6A Tates Creek. Tates Creek demolished Henry Clay yesterday and Henry Clay played Ryle down to the wire.

Ryle is good, maybe they just had a let down in 2nd half vs Henry Clay.

4, 5, and 9 can't compete with 7 , 8, 10, or Ryle. St. X is overrated. Two are one dimensional and the other is too small (player wise). It's a big step up playing top notch 6 A teams than what most people think.

I dont care how one dimensional you are if the other team cant stop it and none of those teams I can see stopping Belfry, especially Lafayette and Ryle. High School Football is won in the trenches and none of those teams have the OL or DL that Belfry has.

McCracken is not a good 6A team. Belfry is better (more talented) than the teams they play. They are also well coached at what they do. But when those top 6A teams can put 11 guys within 8 yards you're not running the ball consistently. Plus, they have a passing games that will test secondaries that don't see a lot of great passing QB's. They're not winning.

I dont care how one dimensional you are if the other team cant stop it and none of those teams I can see stopping Belfry, especially Lafayette and Ryle. High School Football is won in the trenches and none of those teams have the OL or DL that Belfry has.

It doesn't matter how good your DL is when the ball comes out quick. Those guys will wear down playing both ways against a top 6A team and then it won't matter. Especially if they get down a score or two early.

And you realize Lafayette has one of the best lineman in America. Ryle has a junior lineman with a D1 offer to a MAC school. They aren't slouches. They just don't look as good in comparison because they play against better people week in and week out.

It doesn't matter how good your DL is when the ball comes out quick. Those guys will wear down playing both ways against a top 6A team and then it won't matter. Especially if they get down a score or two early.

And you realize Lafayette has one of the best lineman in America. Ryle has a junior lineman with a D1 offer to a MAC school. They aren't slouches. They just don't look as good in comparison because they play against better people week in and week out.

They aren't slouches but they aren't Belfry either. Three Linemen with D1 offers. I expect two of the Sophomores to have D1 offers before it is over with as well.

Bentley is the only DL playing both ways. Horton comes in for "Jumbo" purposes only on Offense. Belfry has not wore down on the DLine yet. None of that Oline goes both ways besides Bentley.

You are drastically under rating Belfry's pass Defense as well. They have an All-State CB who is a lockdown corner and the Catron kid is one of the best Safeties in the state. None of those teams would show Belfry something they haven't already seen and defeated in their secondary. Ask LexCath last year how good Belfry's Defense is and if they tire out. Everyone though lexCath would give them fits with their talented WR's and they couldnt even get a step to get open. If you don't keep the sticks moving just remember that is even longer your Defense has to deal with that Offense and a Line that averages around 6'2 300.