Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US Senior Open (Golf)

Featured Replies

I usually don't get real excited about Senior Tour golf, but this week is an exception. The US Senior Open is being played in Columbus/Upper Arlington, OH at Scioto CC. Scioto is known as the course that Jack Nicklaus learned how to play.

I had the opportunity to play Scioto in 2007 during the US Open Sectional Qualifying. I played 36 holes that day, 18 at OSU's Scarlet Course and then 18 at Scioto CC.

Scioto is the most beautiful course I've ever played. It's an old golf course with lots of other history besides being the home of Jack. It's also a very difficult golf course. No small trees and rough that is the thickest I've ever played.

I hope to watch a lot of the tournament Saturday and Sunday. It will be on Fox, which stinks, but I might just mute the TV and watch. :D

I usually don't get real excited about Senior Tour golf, but this week is an exception. The US Senior Open is being played in Columbus/Upper Arlington, OH at Scioto CC. Scioto is known as the course that Jack Nicklaus learned how to play.

I had the opportunity to play Scioto in 2007 during the US Open Sectional Qualifying. I played 36 holes that day, 18 at OSU's Scarlet Course and then 18 at Scioto CC.

Scioto is the most beautiful course I've ever played. It's an old golf course with lots of other history besides being the home of Jack. It's also a very difficult golf course. No small trees and rough that is the thickest I've ever played.

I hope to watch a lot of the tournament Saturday and Sunday. It will be on Fox, which stinks, but I might just mute the TV and watch. :D

How'd you do when you played it?

  • Author
How'd you do when you played it?

 

Not good. LOL

I shot 83 I believe. That was after shooting 80 at Scarlet.

Great experience though. I got to play with a guy who actually qualified (John Koskinen) as well as Daniel Chopra. Chopra was a regular on the Tour at the time. Cool dude.

 

Watching the tournament over the weekend, the golf course looked as pure as ever! I will say the rough didn't look as deep as when I played it and they were playing the "one ups" on all the par 3's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.