Owensboro Area Predictions - Week 2

The dropped balls are something that can be fixed if the receivers concentrate and work hard. That is something we'll have to wait and see about. As far as the running game goes. That is going to have to be change in personnel and I don't think that happens until week 3. While I was sitting at the SS game watching OCath fail to get an inch in many short yardage situations I wondered if big Nick Norica could line up in the backfield. He doesn't have to run the ball although it couldn't hurt, but let him be the lead blocker. Obviously it can't hurt the running game at all. IMO the OCath defense needs some changes in personnel as well. Rotating guys like Holland, Norcia, Millay, Ijames(when he returns), and even Walker to the defense would help the D out tremendously. From what I have heard OCath should be getting some d-line help this week with the return of one of their injured players.

I think the way OHS can score 31 is by not letting OCath accross the 50 yard line, which I think they can do. If the OCath defense is constantly palying with their backs against the wall then they will make mistakes and OHS can score some points.

I hope OCath proves me wrong, but as I said when the year started I expect an 0-3 start for the Aces, but they will probably make run at semi-state again this year.

The dropped balls are something that can be fixed if the receivers concentrate and work hard. That is something we'll have to wait and see about. As far as the running game goes. That is going to have to be change in personnel and I don't think that happens until week 3. While I was sitting at the SS game watching OCath fail to get an inch in many short yardage situations I wondered if big Nick Norica could line up in the backfield. He doesn't have to run the ball although it couldn't hurt, but let him be the lead blocker. Obviously it can't hurt the running game at all. IMO the OCath defense needs some changes in personnel as well. Rotating guys like Holland, Norcia, Millay, Ijames(when he returns), and even Walker to the defense would help the D out tremendously. From what I have heard OCath should be getting some d-line help this week with the return of one of their injured players.

I think the way OHS can score 31 is by not letting OCath accross the 50 yard line, which I think they can do. If the OCath defense is constantly palying with their backs against the wall then they will make mistakes and OHS can score some points.

I hope OCath proves me wrong, but as I said when the year started I expect an 0-3 start for the Aces, but they will probably make run at semi-state again this year.

I was watching too....I didn't see Nick block all that good when he was lined up tight. His player made some of the plays. So putting him the backfield would make the situation worse. Let's face it this season will get better when Catholic gets back into district play. They are a few games away from playing good ball.