How will this impact high school soccer?

I think 10 of the 28 were ECNL (ECNL had something like 79 Clubs). Will ECNL look to replace those 10 Clubs? The insiders' rumor mill around which ECNL teams were jumping must have been intense. On the boys side at U15/16 & U17/18 the DA program has 74 Clubs. What do you think the target number of DA Clubs is on the girls side?

I think the ECNL would like to replace the clubs. But there's at least one more round of DA announcements and they're likely looking at the same dance partners. Also a possibility that the ECNL has to deal with a few more defections.

The DA hasn't made an announcement on the final size of the DA program but I think a program similar to the boys is a pretty safe assumption.

I think the ECNL would like to replace the clubs. But there's at least one more round of DA announcements and they're likely looking at the same dance partners. Also a possibility that the ECNL has to deal with a few more defections.

The DA hasn't made an announcement on the final size of the DA program but I think a program similar to the boys is a pretty safe assumption.

June 30, 2016... 15 of first 25 came from ECNL

July 8, 2016... 10 of next 28 came from ECNL

One more round...?

So thus far ECNL has dropped from 79 to 54 Clubs while the DA sits currently at 53 with one more round to go. And it looks like the 25 to go thus far include a lot of the top end of the ECNL (based on final standings and champions League play).

Must of been how CUSL felt when teams started leaving to play in Buckeye and MRL 10 years ago.

• 1 month later...