June 30, 201610 yr Anyone use a travel agent to plan trips? With all the new travel websites, are travel agents obsolete? Any recommendations in NKY?
June 30, 201610 yr We used First Discount Travel Cincinnati when we did our honeymoon. Holly was the agent who worked with us. She was great, we had a few issues with bad connecting flights, adjusting the dates of our stay (while we were traveling) that she handled with no issues whatsoever.
July 1, 201610 yr You can definitely plan travel yourself. However, I will say that Travel Agents are professionals, and they have access to the Global Distribution System (GDS) which 99.99999% of all hotels are linked to, and all car rentals and all airlines. Consortias (groups of Travel agencies, eg American Express, Carlson Wagonlit, etc) also negotiate exclusive discounts with all suppliers and can often get better deals than you can find online. Again, you can do it yourself, no doubt. And many people do. I do, as a matter of fact. But it's time consuming and tedious. If I were planning any major trip, I'd use a TA without hesitation.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.