Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

East Carter

Featured Replies

Does anybody follow the Lady Raiders softball team? They're undefeated so far and I think they deserve to be talked about. Any bit of info would be great. Thanks!

I can give you a glimpse because thats all I got . I watched 2/3 of 1 game against 16th regional foe Russell. It was at Russell and they were really jacked up to face EC and Fouts . Russell had a 2-1 lead in the 7th and lost 3-2 . Fouts is obviously the real deal , you dont get SEC attention by being just good . I watched her from behind the plate and cant say her ball breaks a lot , but she throws at a velocity that kids are not used to seeing and yes she does spin it some , appeared to have very good control . Thats the good news . The bad , or better choice of words is weaknesses is I didnt see a very complete team . 2b - Mayo , is a strong player . But the rest was not so great . Average team from the 16th , riding a stud pitcher , but not near good enough to compete with the top 6-8 or so in Ky . Thats my take .

Great pitcher. Hard to get a good gauge because they have not played the kind of schedule that they would be expected to play being the 12th ranked team in the state. May not be able to pin that on anybody but most of the top 20 teams in the state play plenty of games against each other to at least have some kind of idea on how good each are. Can't do that with East Carter at this point.

Everyone needs to remember that East Carter is a very young team. No senior starters and only 2 Juniors that have started games this season. Thats right, they start 7 kids that are sophmores or younger.

 

As far as Montana's ball not having much movement.... Thats laughable!! I encourage you to stand behind the back stop and watch the break on her curve ball and the jump on her Rise.

 

A state title might not be in the cards for this season but the future sure is bright for this young East Carter team!

I said it moves some , just not a lot , she's a power pitcher , not a junk baller . No disrespect intended . The day I watched her curve was sliding some , just not a bunch. Didn't throw many rises the 3-4 innings I watched. Future is very bright for this team , but this year they don't have the experience to do much at the state tourney . I think the 16th got a good side on the draw so maybe they can cash it into a couple wins . If they get there .

I know Ballard Memorial on their schedule and 1-0 is a gauge somewhat. No disrespect to either team but Ballard Memorial is not very strong. I would love to see the pitcher from EC. I have only heard good things.

I hope EC upgrades their schedule next year because this seems like a good young team led by a great talent, but they've played nobody. It's impossible to know how good they are when there's only 1 team on that schedule any of the top 20 have played (Ashland Blazer). EC beat them 2-1. East Jessamine and Woodford beat Ashland 8-0 and from what I heard from people at Beast of the East, they didn't even have a base runner against Woodford.

 

It's hard to get too excited about a team that doesn't play anyone, even if they win every game. It would be good for everyone if they made a couple of weekend trips west, even if it's just to the Lexington area, to play a couple of triangles or tournaments against teams outside of eastern KY.

JMHO they didnt do that because they cant compete yet . Key word yet . I hope they get there because I'm from Eastern Ky .. I want eastern ky to improve as a whole , but staying home and playing no one does not further the cause. They need tested because if they drew a top 5 team in the sweet 16 this season they would get mercied .. just my opinion.

Yea I hope so too but PH2 is right, take your power pitcher on the road and go over there to Scott County and play PH2's team, heck any good team would love to have a chance to face Fouts. I'd love to see Bullitt East play them so I can see her and Taylor face off. Got to play somebody soon though because they didn't last year and they haven't to this point this year. East Jessamine, Scott County, Woodford, etc are easy drives for them and likewise for those schools. Should be no reason why that team has played the schedule that they have this year with the talent that they can throw up on the mound every day. Just one persons opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.