Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd Region All A

Featured Replies

Lyon County rallied to win against Caldwell in the 2nd region championship game. Lyon is now 17-2 and have won over 10 in a row. Just a quick note this team has scored 148 runs and allowed only 26 on the season.

Murray will take on Carlisle County in Region 1 All A and handle them easily and return to the All A state games. Murray will face a tougher mix of A teams and won't fair as well as they think they will this year I am afraid.

 

Lyon County could go deep in the All A. They are one of the best. I got updates from last night's Lyon County v Caldwell game and it's a game I wish I could have seen! Lyon prevailed as I thought they would, but I heard it came down to two excellent pitching performances by sophomore Sophie Binghaman of Lyon and freshman Katie Franklin of Caldwell. In my opinion, these two teams have a bright future behind those two arms.

Murray will take on Carlisle County in Region 1 All A and handle them easily and return to the All A state games. Murray will face a tougher mix of A teams and won't fair as well as they think they will this year I am afraid.

.

 

Be interesting to see how Carlisle bounces back from their 15 inning game last night.

Carlisle has beaten Murray once this season but Murray didn't play their A game and Carlisle did. I'm sure Carlisle will make it interesting!

  • Author

It was a great game. Bingham and Franklin pitched well. Lyon's defense is solid all the way around. The coaches at Caldwell have been teaching their kids the right way to play. Both teams are young and could make some noise for the next couple of years in the 2nd region. Murray is the team everyone thought would walk through the 1st. They normally are solid on defense and hit well. Carlisle can hit and have been getting better. 15 innings is tough physically and mentally. I think anything could happen, but I hope that the Carlisle pitcher has a rubber arm. I haven't been sold that Murray is going to handle them that easy. I think Murray has an advantage being at home. I just hope that the teams from Western KY represent this end of the state well.

Carlisle has beaten Murray once this season but Murray didn't play their A game and Carlisle did. I'm sure Carlisle will make it interesting!

 

Not sure Carlisle played their a game either?

 

I will say Murray did throw a different pitcher against them.

  • Author
What makes Bingaman and Lyon so good. Is she a hard thrower?

 

With movement and a catcher she trust to throw that movement.

  • Author

Almost forgot she throws hard, good catcher, and solid defense behind her. If she makes a mistake her defense minimizes it. Looking on khsaa they've only allowed 26 runs in 19 games.

  • Author

Looks like the 15 innings was too much for Carlisle County to overcome. Murray is Champs of the 1st region

Looks like the 15 innings was too much for Carlisle County to overcome. Murray is Champs of the 1st region

 

Yep, looks like it was hard for them to bounce back

What's everyone think about Region 1 and 2 this coming year? It's early, but I think there are several interesting things developing for an All A showdown in both.

  • Author

Region 1 could go be wide open. What I mean by this is 3 teams could beat each other on any given day. Murray should be considered the front runner. Then you have Carlisle and Hickman counties. Murray wasn't as strong as I thought they would be last year. Hickman County loses Harpole's pitching but has a nice young pitcher coming up. Carlisle County is hard to count out. they will hit the ball, but I'm not sure they can hold the other teams hitters down.

Region 2 should be a little more competitive this year with the weaker teams mostly getting better. Lyon is your All A favorite going in. With Bingham pitching and solid defense behind her, they will be in every game. Caldwell County is next and they have an improved team they could sneak up on Lyon County. These two teams played in the region finals last year. It was 1-0 game that Lyon won in extra innings. Livingston is very young and having some growing pains thus is the life of a small school. The Cardinals do have a good pitcher ( Allison Doyle) with experience that will help them. Crittenden County has a new coach and are somewhat young. They will get better as the year goes deeper into the season. The last team to mention is UHA. I believe they are still a year or two away from getting back to where they were. I think the All A in region 2 will come down to Lyon and Caldwell. Lyon lost 2 seniors last year from a team that won 30+ games. Caldwell lost 1 senior. These are veteran teams whose girls play year round. With that being said I would have to give the edge to Lyon. With Bingham in the circle, the defense that they play helps minimize any mistakes she might make. One last thing all these teams should be well coached. But I believe the edge there would have to go to Lyon County over the other teams. I would say that Lyon's team will be coached up come tournament time. Coach Monty Todd and Coach Donnie Williams believe sound fundamental softball and you can see it in the way the team plays. Of course this is just my opinion doesn't mean much other than just conversation while waiting on spring time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.