Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Little League Bats

Featured Replies

Ms Slick son is 9 and looking for a bat. He has used other teammates bats in the past, so I was wanting to know what I should look to buy? I'm guessing about 29 inches? The league he plays in is not sanctioned Little League and is coach pitch, but he will also play a little travel ball that is kid pitch. What's everyone swinging?

29/17 would be a good size

  • Author

What about make and model?

  • Author

I was always around baseball/softball fields until about 5 years ago, so when I started watching Ms Slick son play last year and his Dad was help coach I watched from the outfield. So I have no clue what bats are used or considered hot nowadays?

How big is he and how strong does he whip the bat through the zone? In my experience bat size should correlate with their ability to control it. At 9, they are typically hitting kid pitch for close to the first time, so I would think a 28/17 would be about right. I certainly wouldn't be spending a whole lot of money on anything at age 9, and to be LL eligible they must have the LL stamp and be no wider than 2 1/4". Easton makes plenty of good lower end LL bats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.