Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scrimmage Games

Featured Replies

I think Woodford is probably best team in the state. Ferguson is a beast

  • Replies 37
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't get an argument out of me from what I saw today!

 

Assumption won second game 3-1 with both teams playing a mix of varsity and mainly JV players and both pitched their number 3's.

That score is surprising. Assumption is supposed to be pretty good

Assumption will be fine. Hard to explain the score in a post without putting it into context.

Just a scrimmage but Woodford twitter says 4 HR and a no hitter. Someone told me it was 9-0 after 1st inning.

 

They brought up a bunch of 8th graders from that KY Firecrackers team so I'm pretty sure no varsity plays JV. The pitcher was probably one of the 8th graders. Their #3 didn't pitch because the varsity game only went 6.

In first game, Woodford pitched 2 pitchers and I was told Game 2 was its #3.

 

Regardless, a little context, but first let me restate what I already stated that Woodford is very good and will challenge for a state title.

 

In top of first, Assumption has bases loaded with 1 out and have two girls strike out and our fans say awful calls, but to me, I don't care, put the ball into play.

 

Thereafter, in bottom of inning Woodford scores 9 on 7 outs basically as Assumption commits multiple errors and I think Coach will figure out that kids positions. Without the errors, Woodford doesn't score in the inning.

 

Yes, they hit homeruns outside of the 1st inning but who knows how that plays out if it is not already out of hand. Could still happen.

  • Author

I believe in the first inning Woodford's lead off with a walk, then the second batter got a single. The third batter hit the top of the center field fence doubling home the first two runs. Then a couple more hits and the pitcher hit a triple to right field. There also were 3 Home runs in the varsity game.

Leadoff hitter did not lead off with a walk so that is not accurate nor is much of your other assessment about the first inning, but I'm not going to comment on it further here. Be glad to message about it or speak offline.

 

Regardless, again for the 3rd time, not slighting Woodford for taking advantage of situations and being a very solid team that I believe is one of the top, if not the top, teams in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.