2016 USL Schedule Released

Getslow

Louisville City FC

FC Cincinnati

Bit of a "meh" schedule as far as Louisville is concerned. Home-and-home with St. Louis is solid but I wish there were four games between Louisville and Cincinnati instead of the lopsided three with two taking place up at Nippert.

And getting the New York Red Bulls reserve side in Week Two is about as ho-hum a home opener as I could've imagine. As the new FC Cincy fans will discover, playing those MLS reserve sides is just the worst.

Cincinnati is at Louisville on June 25th.

Top of the list of home games that are "can't miss" for me.

St. Louis - May 14

Charleston - July 9

Rochester - August 13

And I will DEFINITELY be in Cincinnati for the final game of the season series on July 23.

Also keep in mind that there could conceivably be additional dates thrown in. Last year there was a late season friendly in Louisville against Orlando that popped up out of nowhere.

And USL teams will likely enter this year's US Open Cup during the Second Round Proper, which began during the third week of May last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year's USL leading scorer, Louisville striker Matt Fondy, has now joined defender Bryan Burke and made a switch to NASL's Jacksonville Armada. The transfer fee was undisclosed but was a club record (whatever that might mean), per the press release.

Midfielder Juan Guzman also made a switch ahead of this season, moving to Patriotes (sic) in the top level Columbian league.

Lots of new players already in and under contract and so Louisville City has a lot of changes ahead of it before the season starts at the end of March.