Trimble County 37 Redan (GA) 24

Final from the Daytona Beach Sunshine Classic.

Scoring: Black 11, Clifford 9, Consley 9, Clark 6, Gonterman 2.

They will play the winner of Franklin County/Bonner game. Right now FC up 11-3 three minutes into the game.

Congrats Lady Raiders. Way to represent Kentucky and the 8th region. I'm glad that Trimble and Walton were not in the same bracket. The trip between Bedford and Walton is good enough. Definitely no need to travel to Daytona to face up any more. Blessings to the Raiders in the final tomorrow!

I'm basing this purely on two scores I remember, one of which happens to be this one, but I have a question. Is 37 points a product of Trimble Co.'s preferred style of play or outlasting the opposing defense? Walton was the other one I remember, and I know they scored right around that as well.

Thanks TripleSevens! I'm staying at the same place as Walton. Maybe we could meet up tonight or in the AM. I talked to Clink today.

Scon36. I sent a couple of private messages but I don't know if they are going through. My phone connection has been weak. Check your inbox when you get a chance.

I'm basing this purely on two scores I remember, one of which happens to be this one, but I have a question. Is 37 points a product of Trimble Co.'s preferred style of play or outlasting the opposing defense? Walton was the other one I remember, and I know they scored right around that as well.

Trimble had been averaging around 55-60 pig until the WV game. IMO, both teams got each other out of their game. Redan scores most of their points off their press, so TC slowed the tempo and tried to keep them in a half court game. Coach Stewart's scouting report was dead on and Redan scored when Trimble got impatient and tried to run.